1. The first image you can catch of Asiago is a huge green land surrounded by gentle mountains: it’s very relaxing for your eyes and your mind.
2. Asiago is an ideal holiday place for families: easy and shorts mountains paths for kids, mild and gentle slopes where to play and run free and safe every day. There are also difficult excursions for expert people to spend all day long in front of beautiful landscapes
3. Asiago is famous for cross-country ski trails: if you are a fan of this kind of sport, here you can find 500 kilometers ski area and several slopes with different degree of difficulty. In winter time you can play other sports and activities as ice skating, downhill ski and snowshoes.
4. Buying houses in Asiago is less expensive than in Dolomites; from Asiago you can get Dolomites or Garda lake in about two hours by car.
5. Asiago is full of restaurants, pubs, tavern and cafe. Here you can try the rich Venetian cuisine and the tipical mountain tasty and healty food.
Some curiosities about Asiago
- Asiago was scene of First World War, there are still many signs of that tragic history page (military forts, war station, cemeteries); even now, walking on a path you can find on the ground pieces of bullets, parts of a military equipment and bones of war dead.
- In Asiago is produced a fine local cheese sold all over the world; the Asiago cheese has a protected designation of origin and is made only in areas above 600 metres on sea level.
Asiago cheese is produced as both fresh cheese and aged cheese
- The plateau of Asiago is divided into 7 small and charming municipalities: Asiago, Roana, Gallio, Lusiana, Conco, Enego, Foza.
- From Asiago you can easily get to Venice in about 1h30m by car and Verona in about 1h40m.
Or you can use the car up to Vicenza and here take the train to both destinations.
The city of Vicenza (about 1h by car) and Bassano del Grappa (50min by car) are also worth seeing.